Doki Doki Literature Club Endings: At first glance, Doki Doki Literature Club seems like a standard dating simulation game with air-headed girls clamoring for the protagonist’s attention. And nobody is to blame since it seamlessly fits the archetypal. Then, what’s so different about it? First, the disclaimer- “This game is not suitable for children or those who are easily disturbed.” It stirs a sense of curiosity, what can be so different about a dating centric game which can be disturbing for people or shouldn’t be witnessed by children? Let’s find out everything about all Doki Doki Literature Club Endings.
Doki Doki Literature Club: A Deeper Look!
Doki Doki Literature Club is a visual novel following the story of a male high school student who joins the school’s Literature Club and interacts with its four female members- Sayori, Natsuki, Yuri and Club President Monika. It seems convenient but that’s a catch in itself. What starts off as a simple everyday setting where the protagonist takes active participation in the Literature Club activities and grows closer to its members spirals into an intricate web of fright. It leads you down a dark path leading to the jolting and emotional death of one character. When you are in the mid of turmoil and confusion, it takes on an unexpected turn ending the initial playthrough and restarting the main menu.
The dead character is completely wiped out from the game through glitches and morphs. The effectual nature of Doki Doki Literature Club’s horror resides heavily on its manipulation of the game itself. It pesters with the game by taking away the game files, by itself! And then the game has various Endings, and not just one. For the same reason, i.e., to find out about Doki Doki Literature Club Endings, you are here too.
Also, in the game, at times you are even required to dig through the game’s files. Doki Doki Literature Club taking into play the virtual nature of the Internet demands for the player to be accustomed with gaming tropes, requiring him to be hands-on with the game files themselves. This game starts off with the player thinking that he has all the control and slowly takes it away bit by bit until it is snatched away in its entirety.
The other astonishing factor that sets it apart is that it has alternate scenes and endings depending on the choices made by the player. But in a dating simulation psychological horror game, what are the chances of having your desirable ending? Infinitesimal? If you read on, you will get the hang of how to get the ‘fulfilling’ ending out of the three possible endings.
All Doki Doki Literature Club Endings: Getting the ‘Fulfilling’ Ending:
There are multiple endings for the player to discover. The player must have played the game at least once to attain the ‘fulfilling’ ending in Doki Doki Literature Club. Most players get Monika Ending in their first trial. After getting Monika Ending, your game will be putatively broken. In order to fix the broken game files for accessing the menu and starting another playthrough, follow the steps given below:
- Go to the steam library.
- Right-click Doki Doki Literature Club.
- Select Properties.
- Click ‘Local Files’.
- Choose ‘Browse Local Files’.
- Enter the game folder.
- Locate the ‘firstrun’ file and delete it.
Now you can restart and the main menu will be available so you can have a fresh playthrough.
The video provided below will help you with Doki Doki Literature Club Endings: Getting ‘fulfilling’ ending. Watch the video below.
In order to get Doki Doki Literature Club Best Ending, you will need to unlock all the cutscenes with each character in the game before the end of Act 1. The ending of the Act 1 is marked by the death of Sayori. She is inevitably going to die and player’s decision cannot influence it in any way. Though his actions can influence the ending he might get and the following deaths of the other characters.
To unlock each girl’s cutscenes, you have to:
- Appeal to the girl.
- Write her poetry using the words of her preference.
- Confess your love for her.
You will need to quit the game and start over before witnessing any deaths.
The words that you use in your poetry earns you 1, 2 or 3 points depending on the character. The list of the words that will earn you 3 points for each character is written alongside.
1. Sayori’s Cutscenes:
- Start a new game and appeal to Sayori.
- To unlock two cutscenes, use sincere and bittersweet words while writing the poetry.
- Confess your love to unlock the third cutscene.
- The following words will earn you 3 points when used on Sayori- Happiness, Sadness, Death, Tragedy, Alone, Love, Adventure, Sweet, Fireworks, Excitement, Romance, Tears, Depression, Heart, Marriage, Passion, Childhood, Fun, Colour, Hope, Friends, Family, Party, Vacation, Lazy, Daydream, Holiday, Bed, Feather, Pain, Shame, Fear, Warm, Flower, Comfort, Dance, Sing, Cry, Laugh, Dark, Sunny, Rainbow, Calm, Silly, Flying, Wonderful, Unrequited, Rose, Together, Promise, Charm, Beauty, Cheer, Smile, Broken, Precious, Prayer, Clumsy, Forgive, Nature, Ocean, Dazzle, Special, Music, Lucky, Misfortune, Loud, Peaceful, Joy, Sunset, Fireflies, Raincloud, Hurt, Play, Sparkle, Scars, Empty, Amazing, Grief, Embrace, Extraordinary, Awesome, Defeat, Hopeless, Misery, Treasure, Bliss, Memories.
Whoever you select for helping you in the preparation of the Literature Festival is of little consequence, Sayori will pay you a visit. Exit to the main menu before witnessing Sayori’s death in this and the next playthrough. This was one of the Doki Doki Literature Club Endings, read below to know about the rest of these.
2. Natsuki’s Cutscenes:
- Exit to the main menu before witnessing Sayori’s death and start a new game.
- Appeal to Natsuki using cute words for writing poetry for her to unlock two cutscenes.
- Select Natsuki for helping you in the Literature Festival’s preparation to unlock the third cutscene.
- On Sayori’s arrival, exit to the main menu to prevent witnessing her death.
- The following words will earn you 3 points when used on Natsuki- Cute, Fluffy, Pure, Candy, Shopping, Puppy, Kitty, Clouds, Lipstick, Parfait, Strawberry, Pink, Chocolate, Heartbeat, Kiss, Melody, Ribbon, Jumpy, Doki-Doki, Kawaii, Skirts, Cheeks, Email, Sticky, Bouncy, Shiny, Nibble, Fantasy, Sugar, Giggle, Marshmallow, Hop, Skipping, Peace, Spinning, Twirl, Lollipop, Poof, Bubbles, Whisper, Summer, Waterfall, Swimsuit, Vanilla, Headphones, Games, Socks, Hair, Playground, Nightgown, Blanket, Milk, Pout, Anger, Papa, Valentine, Mouse, Whistle, Boop, Bunny, Anime, Jump.
When you are supposed to check up on Sayori, quit the game and start with a new playthrough regardless of the choices provided to you by her.
3. Yuri’s Cutscenes:
This is one of the major Doki Doki Literature Club Endings, and to know about it, you need to read below.
- Once you have started a new playthrough prior to Sayori’s death, appeal to Yuri.
- Write the poetry using words of Yuri’s preference to unlock two cutscenes with her.
- To unlock the third cutscene, select Yuri to help with the festival’s preparation.
- Witness Sayori’s death in this playthrough by not exiting to the main menu.
- The following words will earn you 3 points when used on Yuri- Determination, Suicide, Imagination, Secretive, Vitality, Existence, Effulgent, whirlwind, Crimson, Afterimage, Vertigo, Disoriented, Essence, Ambient, Starscape, Disarray, Contamination, Intellectual, Analysis, Entropy, Vivacious, Uncanny, Incongruent, Wrath, Heavensent, Massacre, Philosophy, Fickle, Tenacious, Aura, Unstable, Inferno, Incapable, Destiny, Infallible, Agonizing, Variance, Uncontrollable, Extreme, Flee, Dream, Disaster, Vivid, Vibrant, Question, Fester, Judgment, Cage, Explode, Pleasure, Lust, Sensation, Climax, Electricity, Disown, despise, Infinite, Eternity, Time, Universe, Unending, Raindrops, Covet, Unrestrained, Landscape, Portrait, Journey, Meagre, Anxiety, Frightening, Horror, Melancholy, Insight, Atone, Breathe, Captive, Desire, Graveyard.
On unlocking Yuri’s cutscenes and witnessing Sayori’s death, the game will start to glitch and Sayori will be scrapped out of the game. Continue playing the game rather than restarting it again. A mayhem will ensue resulting in Monika deleting the remaining characters. The game will have Monika Ending, only this time you have collected the 9 cutscenes.
4. Delete Monika:
And, this is the most important of all the Doki Doki Literature Club Endings. For this one, Continue playing the game with Monika in the void, write her a poem, listen to her dialogues till the time she sits and stares at you. Then do the following:
- Open the Doki Doki Literature Club’s installation files.
- Delete ‘monika.chr’ file.
On returning back to the game, a glitched version of Monika will be there with some dialogues, eventually, you will be sent back to the main menu where Monika will be missing. Restart the game and continue through your cutscenes with Sayori. The game will start to glitch and you will receive a special message from the developer Dan Salvato.
If you haven’t tried Doki Doki Literature Club till now, you can download it from the link provided below:
- Download Doki Doki Literature Club Game – [Click here to Download]
This was all about the Doki Doki Literature Club Endings. Leave a comment if you liked the article or have any queries regarding the article. Hit the share button if this proved useful to you. Stay tuned for more updates regarding gaming.